Friends of the Library
- Friends' Board Members Opportunity - We are looking to fill several positions on the Friends' Board. If you're interested, please call the library and ask for Mike Hensel at 740-852-9543.
- Membership Drive - The Friends annual membership drive starts May 1st. Annual memberships run June 1 to May 31. Renew today online below or visit the library and fill out a renewal form.
- Visit the Friends' Gift Cases at the library for great holiday gifts at great prices. All proceeds benefit the library through programs and services.
- Spring Book Sale - The Spring opening of the Book Nook will be on Friday, May 15 from 1 - 5 pm and Saturday, May 16 from 10 am - 2 pm. Download the flyer here!
- Silent-Chair Auction - The Friends are hosting another silent-chair auction this Spring starting Friday, May 15. The unveiling of the chairs will be on the main floor of the library starting at 1:00 pm, accompanied by some light refreshments and the Friends Annual meeting at 5 pm. The sale will end on Saturday, May 30 at 5 pm.
What Do the Friends Do?
- By supporting the Library and its programs, Friends fill a vital need in our community. They help bring “the extras” to town: special events and exhibits, book sales, music programs and a variety of education and recreational programs.
- Friends are volunteers and supporters who are asked to do only as much as they feel comfortable in doing. Some Friends’ contributions simply are membership dues, while others volunteer time and talent for projects.
- Friends work with the Library Director to achieve mutual goals. They serve in a variety of capacities as fund-raisers, tour guides, decorators, hosts and hostesses, and program sponsors. In addition, Friends can represent a library lover’s point of view to legislators.
- Most importantly, Friends offer input to ensure the Library, its board and its staff continue the traditions that have made the London Public Library great! Why not join us in a great organization? Friends of the London Public Library meet the 4th Monday of every month from 6-7 pm at the library. Come to a meeting and consider becoming a Friend!
Friends' Board Members
- Lori Campbell - President
- Paula Herald - Vice President/Marketing
- Marshall Geib - Treasurer
- Barb Niemeyer - Secretary
- Diane Tuite
- Denise Worthington
- Nick Adkins
- Debbie Cochran
- Martina Walters
Pay for or Renew Your Membership Online!
|Couple $ 15.00|
|Other Amount $$$|
If you have questions about our online payment option please call 740-852-9543 and ask for Mike Hensel. If you do not want to begin or renew you membership through our website then please visit the library at 20 E. First Street in London and we will be happy to give you an application form.
We appreciate your interest in becoming a Friend. 100% of your membership goes towards bringing more services and materials to our library.